Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Monday and Tuesday touring the Old City of Jerusalem



Sorry for no updates the past two days. We have been busy touring the Old City.

Monday we started the day out at the Temple Mount. We saw the Dome of the Rock. Not the inside, due to the fact it has been closed to the public for the last several years. We had to be off of the Temple Mount area by 11:00, for the Muslims to be able to pray. We then exited the area toward the Lions gate. We saw St. Anne's Church which was built during the Crusades. It was built on top of the Pools of Bethesda, which are mentioned in 2 Kings. We then followed The Via Dolorosa, which are the stations of the cross, down to The Church of the Holy Sepluchre. Here is where Jesus was hung on the cross, buried and resurrected. We ended our day then and were given the chance to rest or visit the street shops of the Old City. Some of us have become real barterers.

On Tuesday we started the day out earlier than normal to see the tunnel under the Western Wall. Here we were able to see the wall's foundations. We then headed through the streets by foot to the Burnt House. The Burnt House is remnants of the Kathros family home which was burned in 70 AD. We then went to our guide's home church, Syrian Orthodox Church. The afternoon was spent by some resting and most others taking a bus tour with ICAHD, more will be explained later about this. Last night we had a guest speaker of an Israeli Jew.

There are several of us that aren't feeling well again, but we know that the trip is coming to a close fast, so we are trying to see as much as possible. Please continue to pray for safety and health.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the updates. I will keep praying for all of you and especially your health.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will pray specifically for your health. I was thinking this morning that some of you may be starting to be a little excited about getting home soon. Tell Jane Z the gals in our neighborhood Bible study send their love and prayers and we look forward to her rejoining and telling us all about the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a shout out especially to Mark and Debbie Ferris! They are my beloved relatives and I think of them first, as I don't know any of the rest of you! I pray for ALL of you continually, though, and I won't quit until I see Mark and Debbie home at last! I hope you all see and hear what you were seeking on this trip to Israel. I have tried to put myself in your place! I have no desire to go to Israel, but my brother Mark and S-I-L Debbie Did have a yearning to see the places where Jesus walked! I know that even most Jews don't have this desire! So, I know if today's Christians have that yearning, it must be the Lord's direction.I can't feel that, but, I understand people that feel that way! In fact, I love two people that feel that way! May God bless all of you and keep you in the palm of his hand!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want a picture with Mark and Debbie in the FRONT of the group-- I think I speak for everyone-- put the relatives in FRONT once in a while---- to ME, Mark and Debbie Ferris are the ROCK STARS of your GROUP!! HELLO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, travelers, I'm especially worried about you today-- I know it's hot there! It's hot here,too, but, I won't complain about it to desert wanderers! If it's too much, don't do it! I'm really praying for your well being today! Miss your daily posts!!

    ReplyDelete